Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Hormones affect many of our physical and mental functions.
Everyone feels better, looks better, and performs better when their hormones are in balance. With natural bioidentical hormones, both women and men can find relief from symptoms of hormonal imbalance without the risks that come along with synthetic hormones.
When imbalances occur, you can experience a wide variety of symptoms, depending on which hormone(s) are out of balance.
Bioidentical hormones are derived from naturally occurring sources instead of synthetic chemicals. Bioidentical hormones are designed to replicate the same chemical structure as the hormones that are produced naturally in our bodies. Our therapy helps address the following conditions:
- Thyroid imbalance. Your thyroid controls so many of the body’s functions, without it you would quickly die! Low thyroid, which is common in people over age 40, can cause weight gain, brittle hair, and dull skin. Everyone over 40 should be screened for thyroid hormone deficiency.
- Elevated adrenal (cortisol) levels. One of the body’s stress responses is to elevate cortisol levels, which is produced by the adrenal glands. Elevated cortisol can lead to binge eating, intense cravings, and the inability to lose weight.
- Deficient testosterone. Testosterone deficiency is usually associated with male hormones, however women too can be testosterone deficient. Testosterone deficiency can result in low libido, weight gain, decreased energy, depression, and memory troubles.
- Deficient progesterone. Progesterone is a steroid hormone that needs to balances estrogen for optimal health. When progesterone is deficient, women can experience difficulty losing weight, erratic monthly cycles, depression, and anxiety.
Bioidentical Hormones at Body Beautiful Spa
Our team of naturopathic doctors are specifically trained in bioidentical hormones, and have helped thousands of men and women suffering the symptoms of hormone imbalance regain:
- Decreased body fat
- Consistency in moods (no more roller coaster effect)
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Increased energy levels, mental focus and clarity
- Restored or increased sexual drive
- Greater capacity for getting great into physical condition
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Replacement for Women
Historically, women often died before reaching menopause.
For those who did live to the age of menopause, it was just another stage of life to be endured and lived with. Advances in medical technology give women the ability to maintain a youthful hormone balance at all stages of life with natural hormone replacement therapy. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy has helped women live healthier, happier, more active lives.
Estrogen is a woman’s most important hormone. Too little estrogen puts women at an increased risk for premature ovary failure, osteoporosis, heart disease, tooth loss, colon cancer, impaired vision, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes. Estrogen receptors exist in organs throughout the body and in the brain. That’s why hormonal imbalance produces different symptoms such as mood swings, loss of skin elasticity, loss of skin volume, bone shrinkage, and cognitive decline. Lower estrogen levels also decrease the amount of serotonin that is available in the brain. Many women experience improved moods during the first week of menses because the increased estrogen increases the amount of serotonin available in the spaces between the brain’s nerve cells.
Did you know that women need testosterone too? Low levels of testosterone in women can cause mental confusion, weight gain, and poor muscle tone, even with regular exercise. Adding biodentical testosterone helps women who are deficient improve their mental clarity and libido. This is because the brain needs balanced testosterone and estrogen to produce serotonin, which supports emotional balance. Imbalances can cause increased anxiety, irritability, anger, sleep disturbances, sadness and depression. Adequate testosterone also helps women them improve their muscle mass which is so important to overall health.
Biodentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
People often think that women are the only ones who need hormone replacement as they age.
Recent research has found that hormone replacement therapy can tremendously benefit men, too. Men who replace their declining testosterone typically have improved protection against heart disease, prostate disease, osteoporosis, and other health issues.
Starting at about age 30, all men begin experiencing a gradual decline in testosterone production, losing between one and three percent of their testosterone per year. Between 40 and 55, most men experience a dramatic drop in testosterone levels that signals the onset of andropause, the medical term for the male equivalent of menopause. After andropause, men usually experience reduced libido, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, feeling less motivated, and even feeling moody and depressed. Too often, men think these symptoms are all a part of growing older. The great news is that bioidentical hormone replacement therapy for men can reverse these symptoms!
“If you're not a sex symbol, you're in trouble.”
- Helen Gurley Brown
“I’ve seen estrogen make princesses out of witches.”
― Marie Hoäg MBA
"Many marriages break up over hormonal imbalance, which is truly sad because it comes from a lack of understanding. When hormones are put back in balance with natural bioidentical hormones, a woman or man resumes their normal life of feeling good and having days filled with quality."
- Suzanne Sommers